Pages

Sharing inspirations, ideas and works in progress

Tuesday 1 May 2012

I haven't had a chance to post much during the past week - husband's birthday (a big one, too big to identify) and also a  lovely leaking roof. We now have an indoor water feature that, with the collapsing ceiling and stained wooden floor, is like our very own David Nash installation.

David Nash's Boulder - just like my sitting room....


Anyway, I've been working on some new 'Beasts of Fashion' drawings.  This time I've been inspired by some of my favourite on-line vintage shops and blogs including The BlackCat Boutique http://www.theblackcatboutique.co.uk/ and my ultimate indulgence site, Silver Screen Loungerie www.silverscreenloungerie.com . I've spent years searching for the perfect nightdress and the ones on this site are pretty close even though I haven't actually taken the plunge to buy yet. The new set, 'Retro Beasts' should be on-line later this week.

Silver Screen Loungerie
In the meantime, I wanted to put up some paintings by one of my favourite artists, Dora Holzhandler www.doraholzhandler.co.uk. Her paintings are beautiful, vibrant and uplifting without denying the serious and dangerous side to human nature.



'Wedding Night' by Dora Holzhandler

'My Grandfather in Auschwitz' by Dora Holzhandler



No comments:

Post a Comment