Pages

Sharing inspirations, ideas and works in progress

Wednesday 25 April 2012

"I just can't stop, no matter how hard I try" ...

.... and that's the name of my next show, at The Deaf Cat (http://www.thedeafcat.com) on Rochester High Street. It starts on May 28th for 2 weeks and is mostly made up of drawings of 'Auntie Renee' my showgirl who just can't get out of the job.




There will also be a few of paintings of her ... if they're finished in time. Here are the works in progress.





There will also be some other drawings in the show, including this one 'Girl Boxer'.




An early warning for later in the year - on July 7th and 8th I'm taking part in the Medway Open Studios (http://www.medwayopenstudios.co.uk/). Opening my studio up will be interesting - at the moment it's full of old canvasses, broken brushes and a wide variety of chairs I never actually sit on. No visitor could get past the door so I'll have to clean up. There will be quite a few artists opening their studios along with me at the Nucleus Arts Centre in Chatham. It should be a really good event for anyone interested in contemporary art, whether to buy or just to take a look. 

Then, in September, Mam'selle Fi-Fi and I are having a show at Nucleus. I can't say what's in it because Mam'selle is likely to come up with some incredible and provocative pieces at the last minute but it will definitely be worth seeing! It's current title is 'Cock'n'Bull'  but I'll keep you up to date with it's development as we go along.

1 comment: