Pages

Sharing inspirations, ideas and works in progress

Monday 25 June 2012

ipad therefore I draw

Recently I acquired a lovely, shiny totally unnecessary  iPad. After seeing Hockneys iPad drawings at the RA exhibition I persuaded myself that no right-thinking artist should be without one and eventually scrimped together enough money to drive my husband to the shop where he bought it for me. Ah, the commercial exchanges of married life....

Anyway, I truly am in love with this bit of gadgetry. I won't rhapsodise over the ability to obsessively check emails and Facebook wherever I go, or how easy it was to find and download every episode of the Camomile Lawn (felt a frenzy of need to see it after reading Caitlin Moran's 'How to be a Woman', in which she pays tribute to Jennifer Ehle's breasts floating in a bubble bath). However, I will upload the sketches I have done on it.

I've not used the computer much for art and so the whole idea of layers came as a bit of a shock but I'm getting used to them. I'm using Procreate at the moment which seems to suit the way I work but if anyone else has any suggestions I'd be pleased to hear them. I also treated myself to a Bamboo stylus as I hated the way fingertips leave greasy smears across the exquisite, glossy surface. Apart from that, I'm just mentally welded to the idea of a pencil in my hand so using it seems far more natural.

There's lots of development to do using my new beloved (fantasy dinner party - just me and iPad at the  moment) but here are my early experiments..





No comments:

Post a Comment